One of the world’s most captivating destinations, northern Italy’s fabled Lake District beckons with its sublime landscapes of shimmering glacial waters, soaring Alpine peaks and coastal villages. The Mediterranean region’s ancient history echoes through towns embellished with lavish Renaissance and Gothic architecture and imbued with the distinct Italian style that has inspired poets, composers, artists and philosophers for centuries. Indulge in the refined culture of the Italian Lake District on this unique program, where you unpack only once in Lake Como, one of Italy’s loveliest settings, and travel to bijou towns, exquisite islands and the vivacious metropolis that is Milan.
Day 1 Depart home city
Day 2 Milan, Italy/Como/Check in to Palace Hotel
Day 3 Como
Day 4 Stresa/Lake Maggiore/Borromean Islands
Day 5 Milan
Day 6 Bellagio
Day 7 Lake Orta
Day 8 Como
Day 9 Como/Milan/Return to home city
- Seven nights in Como in the enchanting Italian Lakes region.
- Well-appointed, first-class guest room.
- Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary coffee, tea and water are served with all meals plus wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner.
- 2 receptions, 7 breakfasts and 4 dinners.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Learn about the unique history and heritage of the Italian Lakes region during an enriching lecture by a local expert.
- See the highlights of medieval Como during a guided walking tour of the Old Town.
- Cruise Lake Maggiore to visit Isola Bella, one of the three Borromean Islands, and tour the island’s palace and gardens.
- Discover the history of Teatro alla Scala during a visit to the iconic opera house’s museum.
- Stroll through Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II, a city landmark and popular gathering spot, and visit the Gothic Duomo.
- Travel by boat across Lake Como to Villa del Balbianello for an exclusive visit before continuing
- Glide across Lake Orta to the island of San Giulio to see the frescoes in the 12th-century basilica.