Experience the allure of the legendary Cote d’Azur under the billowing white sails of the Wind Spirit, a luxurious, yacht-like vessel with ocean views from every suite or stateroom. Experience the best of the French and Italian Rivieras on our exclusive cruise itinerary, which takes you from Barcelona to the coast of Marseilles and along the sparkling coastline to such iconic destinations as Nice, Monaco, Portofino and Cinque Terre.
Day 1 Depart home city
Day 2 Barcelona, Spain/Embark Wind Spirit
Day 3 Port Vendres, France for Carcassonne
Day 4 Marseille/Aix-en-Provence
Day 5 Nice/Monte Carlo, Monaco
Day 6 Genoa, Italy/Portofino
Day 7 Porto Venere/Cinque Terre
Day 8 Portoferraio on Elba Island, Italy
Day 9 Bonifacio on Corsica, France
Day 10 Civitavecchia/Disembark ship/Rome/Return to home city
- Eight-night cruise from Barcelona, Spain, to Civitavecchia, Italy.
- Elegantly appointed, deluxe staterooms.
- Deluxe motor coach transfers during the Cruise Program.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary nonpremium liquor, house wine, beer and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise and minibar service; complimentary house wine, beer and nonalcoholic beverages at meals during the land portion of the program.
- 2 receptions, 8 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 8 dinners.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- After touring medieval UNESCO-inscribed Carcassonne, indulge in a wine and cheese tasting.
- Explore beautiful Aix-en-Provence, “City of a Thousand Fountains,” and enjoy free time at the colorful market.
- Fall in love with the authentic heart of Nice during a walking tour of Vieux Nice, and soak up panoramic views from Mont Boron.
- Embark on an excursion to the Rock of Monaco and visit the Prince’s Palace with its recently restored Renaissance frescos, and Saint Nicholas Cathedral, where Grace Kelly and many of the Monaco royals are buried.
- Discover Genoa on a walking tour through the city’s maze of carruggi (narrow alleys), learn about the history of this UNESCO-listed site and taste local specialty dishes and wines.
- Travel by private boat to the picturesque villages of Cinque Terre.
- In Portoferraio, a vital trade center for Greeks and Romans in ancient times, stroll along the splendid promenade and through its myriad of landmarks.
- Explore the enchanting citadel town of Bonifacio, beginning with a tram ride from the harbor
to the upper town, perched on high limestone cliffs, and followed by a walking tour along the town’s serpentine streets.