Journey into the one the world’s most remote regions on an 11-day Peruvian expedition that includes one night in the capital city of Lima, a three-night, guided Amazon River cruise, two nights in the lush Sacred Valley, two nights in colonial Cuzco and one unforgettable night at the majestic “lost city of the Incas” — Machu Picchu. Experience the natural beauty of the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve and explore ancient Inca history on this incomparable itinerary.
Day 1 Depart home city/Lima
Day 2 Lima/Fly to Iquitos/Iquitos/Nauta/Embark Zafiro/Cruising Amazon Basin
Day 3 Cruising Amazon Basin
Day 4 Cruising Amazon Basin
Day 5 Nauta/Disembark ship/Iquitos/Fly to Lima/Lima/Fly to Cuzco/Cuzco/Sacred Valley
Day 6 Sacred Valley
Day 7 Ollantaytambo/Embark train/Machu Picchu
Day 8 Machu Picchu/Embark train/Ollantaytambo/Cuzco
Day 9 Cuzco
Day 10 Cuzco/Fly to Lima/Lima/Return to home city
Day 11 Arrive in home city
- One night in Lima, Peru, at the Wyndham Costa del Sol Lima City.
- Three-night Amazon River cruise on the deluxe river boat, Zafiro.
- Two nights in the Sacred Valley at the Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba.
- One night in Machu Picchu Pueblo at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.
- Two nights in Cuzco at the Belmond Monasterio.
- Elegantly appointed, deluxe accommodations.
- All transfers during the Land and Cruise Program: flights, Vistadome trains
and deluxe motor coaches.
- Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary house wine, beer and nonalcoholic beverages available during meals.
- 3 receptions, 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- While cruising, delight in up-close encounters with the Amazon’s amazing wildlife, birds and plants
in the company of local naturalist guides who provide fascinating insights.
- Relish a tasty picnic breakfast beneath the rainforest canopy, surrounded by lush vegetation
and morning birdsong.
- Meet a shaman who shares how native plants are used medicinally and performs
a special cleansing ceremony.
- Take a thrilling skiff boat ride after dark in search of nocturnal animals in the jungle.
- Try your hand at fishing for the Amazon’s famous, red-bellied piranhas on a skiff boat ride.
- Meet residents of villages along the riverbanks, and learn how to make a favorite, traditional dish.