The February 10th departure is full! We have added a second departure and those dates are, November 2-10, 2024. The price and itinerary remain the same for both.
Experience the otherworldly beauty of the naturally occurring Aurora Borealis, more commonly known as the Northern Lights, on this unique, 7-night land program. Discover Iceland’s “Big Three” wonders, known as
the Golden Circle—the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Thingvellir National Park; the two-tiered “Golden Waterfall” of Gullfoss; and Strokkur, an active geyser that erupts every few minutes. Experience an excursion to the Bridge Between Continents, the boundary between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates—where rifts have formed as the land gradually drifts apart—and join guides as you chase the iconic lights at the optimum time of year.
Itinerary: 9 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Arrive in Reykjavík, Iceland
4 Reykjavík/Golden Circle
5 Reykjavík/Reykjanes Peninsula
6 Reykjavík to Akureyri
9 Akureyri/Reykjavík/Return to home city
- Enjoy surreal views of lava fields surrounding the thermal waters in the Blue Lagoon.
- Discover Iceland’s first permanent settlement in Reykjavík, which is today the most northern national capital city in the world and the most western capital city of Europe.
- Explore The Reykjanes Peninsula with a visit to the Geldingadalur Volcano.
- Embark on a city tour of Akureyri, nicknamed the “Capital of North Iceland” and an important
port and fishing center.
- Walk among the surreal “dark castle” lava formations of Dimmuborgir and drive along the shores
of Lake Mývatn.
- See Siglufjörður, one of Iceland’s most dramatically sited towns, and visit its Herring Era Museum, which recreates the history of fish salting and oil processing during the early 20th century.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Hospitality desk.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
Hotel Borg, Reykjavík
- Luxury accommodations with excellent service.
- Ideally located within walking distance from unique shops, cafés, and restaurants.
- Only 99 rooms, each offering a blend of comfort and elegance, including plush furnishings
and veneered parquet floors.
Hotel Kea, Akureyri
- Set in the heart of Iceland’s second city, Akureyri, the hotel overlooks a stunning fjord.