It’s likely you’ve come across the iconic image of a lone acacia stoically poised in a distant savannah sunset. Here is your opportunity to visit that breathtaking terrain and admire all East Africa has to offer.
This 11-day journey of a lifetime provides exclusive access to reserves and national parks The Big 5—endangered black rhino, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and lion—call home.
Accompanied by local guides and a naturalist Orbridge Expedition Leader, set out on game drives in comfortable 4×4 vehicles to spot for endless wildlife including cheetahs, impalas, zebras, primates, a myriad of bird species, plus The Big 5.
Each evening, relax and rejuvenate amidst luxurious accommodations—each offering exceptional hospitality and superior amenities.
With an optional post-tour to experience Amboseli, see why Amboseli National Park is known as the best place in the world to see free-ranging elephants in ultra-close proximity. The park also offers magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: En Route from U.S.
Day 2: Arrive in Nairobi, Kenya
Day 3: Nairobi
Day 4: Nairobi / Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Day 5: Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Day 6: Ol Pejeta Conservancy / Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 7: Lake Nakuru National Park / Maasai Mara National Reserve
Days 8-9: Maasai Mara National Reserve
Day 10: Maasai Mara National Reserve / Flight to Nairobi / Depart for U.S.
Day 11: Arrive in U.S.
NOTE: Locations selected for this safari promise excellent viewing of wildlife, however, spotting specific wildlife cannot be guaranteed. Some activities are dependent on weather and seasonal conditions.
- Explore extraordinary national parks and reserves in Kenya—each featuring unrivaled wildlife and habitat diversity—with opportunities to observe the “Big 5” (endangered black rhino, leopard, elephant, Cape buffalo and lion).
- Retreat to luxurious lodges and tented camps, each uniquely beautiful and authentic in décor.
- Enjoy daily game drives—accompanied by an Orbridge Expedition Leader and expert naturalist safari guides—aboard customized 4×4 vehicles.
- Visit the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, an organization dedicated to wildlife preservation and the economic growth and improvement of surrounding rural communities. Ol Pejeta is home to the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa, which also houses the only two remaining northern white rhinos in the world.
- Observe land and avian wildlife during game drives through Lake Nakuru National Park, described as the greatest ornithological spectacle in the world.
- Discover the Maasai Mara National Reserve—where approximately 95 species of mammals, amphibians, and reptiles, and over 400 bird species have been recorded.
- Join an optional hot-air balloon safari over the Maasai Mara (additional fee).
- What’s included: 8 nights accommodations at deluxe lodges and tented camps—all carefully selected to emphasize wildlife viewing and amenities—plus a day room on departure day; 8 breakfasts, 8 lunches, and 7 dinners (including a special farewell dinner); expert naturalist guides throughout; daily game drives in open-air vehicles with filtered water provided; all main program gratuities, as well as taxes, service charges, and park fees; internal airfare from Maasai Mara to Nairobi on day 10, and airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.