Call on the islands of Volos, Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos, Rhodes, and Santorini on this epic, 7-night voyage.
Enjoy excursions to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Meteora; Delos’ classical ruins, including the Sanctuary of Apollo and the theater quarter; the archaeological site and ancient ruins of Ephesus; and Santorini, believed to be the legendary lost city of Atlantis. Discuss life on the islands with local residents during the Island Life® forum. Extend your journey with the Athens Pre-Program and/or Delphi Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 9 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Arrive in Athens, Greece/Embark Le Bougainville
5 Kusadasi, Turkey/Ephesus
6 Patmos, Greece
9 Athens/Disembark ship/Return to home city
- Visit up to 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, showcasing the culture and architecture of ancient
Greece and Turkey.
- Call on islands steeped in myth and history—Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos, Santorini, and Rhodes.
- Walk through legendary ruins of Ephesus, Turkey, and the UNESCO-inscribed Meteora.
- Exclusive Island Life® forum with local residents who will discuss contemporary living.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Delos—the legendary birthplace of Artemis and Apollo—
and walk along the Sacred Way to the Sanctuary of Apollo. Also see the legendary Terrace of the Lions, where hand-carved marble statues have guarded the island for nearly 2,600 years.
- Arrive in Kusadasi, Turkey, and drive to Ephesus, a vast archaeological site of Greek, Roman,
and Byzantine ruins.
- In Pátmos, visit the Greek Orthodox Monastery of St. John and see the Cave of the Apocalypse, where St. John the Apostle most likely wrote the Book of Revelation in A.D. 95.
- Dock in Rhodes at the wall of Rhodes Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the
14th-century Palace of the Grand Masters.
- Be on deck as the ship cruises into the port of Santorini, beneath which some believe to be the legendary lost city of Atlantis, to tour the Minoan ruins of Akrotiri.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Hospitality desk.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
5-Star Small Ship
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
- State-of-the-art theater ideal for enriching educational lectures.
Athens Pre-Program Option
Begin your journey with 2 nights in the ancient city of Athens to explore the monumental Acropolis; the Parthenon; the Acropolis Museum; the Temple of Poseidon; and Plaka, the city’s oldest neighborhood.
Enjoy accommodations in an ideally located luxury hotel.
Delphi Post-Program Option
Extend your journey with a 2-night itinerary that features a visit to the Archaeological Museum of Thebes
and a tour of Delphi with a visit to the Delphi Archeological Museum. Also see the Treasury of Athens, the Temple of Apollo, and the impressive Stadium along the Sacred Way. Spend 2 nights in 2 carefully selected luxury hotels.