On this exclusive land and sea journey, assume the role of explorer, retracing the bold travels of Darwin and Magellan in southern Chile, a landscape still virtually untouched more than a century after the first European settlers. From sweeping pampas grasslands to magnificent glacier‑studded fjords and the legendary Tierra del Fuego archipelago, experience the extremes and contrasts of Patagonia, with its breathtaking scenery and incredible wildlife.
Day 1 Depart home city
Day 2 Santiago
Day 3 Santiago
Day 4 Fly to Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales
Day 5 Puerto Natales
Day 6 Torres del Paine National Park
Day 7 Puerto Natales/Punta Arenas/Embark Ventus Australis
Day 8 Ainsworth Bay/Tucker Islets
Day 9 Beagle Channel/Pía Fjord/Glacier Alley
Day 10 Wulaia Bay/Cape Horn
Day 11 Ushuaia/Disembark ship/Fly to Buenos Aires/Return to home city
Day 12 Arrive in home city
- Two nights in Santiago, Chile at the Hyatt Centric Las Condes Hotel.
- Three nights in Puerto Natales at the Hotel Costaustralis Puerto Natales.
- Four-night cruise from Punta Arenas, Chile to Ushuaia, Argentina.
- Well-appointed, first-class accommodations.
- All transfers during the Land and Cruise Program: boat and deluxe motor coaches.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary nonpremium liquor, house wine, beer and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise and minibar service; complimentary house wine, beer and nonalcoholic beverages at meals during the land portion of the program.
- 2 receptions, 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 6 dinners.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Learn about the unique land formations and amazing wildlife of these wondrous southern regions from local experts.
- Embark on a Santiago city tour, followed by visits to two vineyards with wine tastings.
- Venture through emerald landscapes while cruising the Última Esperanza Sound, plus enjoy a walk through Bernardo O’Higgins National Park.
- Discover the imposing Milodón Caves and take in jaw-dropping vistas at glacially fed Grey Lake.
- Delight in a visit to Estancia Cerro Negro and dig into a special Patagonian lunch.
Get close-up views of adorable Magellanic penguins and other colorful and exotic bird species
on an excursion at Tucker Islets.