Experience the wonder of discovery as you travel through mesmerizing landscapes almost untouched since Magellan found them nearly 500 years ago. Our unique 12-day voyage to Patagonia and the Chilean Fjords begins in Santiago, Chile, on a land and sea itinerary that takes you in the path of legendary explorers Captain Robert FitzRoy and Charles Darwin—through the Strait of Magellan, Beagle Channel, Glacier Alley, and Wulaia Bay. See distinctive subantarctic and Patagonian wildlife, including guanacos, rheas, condors, elephant seals, and Magellanic penguins. Explore the Tierra del Fuego, “land of fire,” and enjoy excursions that range from a wine tasting at a Maipo Valley vineyard to a visit to Cape Horn National Park, the world’s southernmost national park. Enhance your voyage with the Easter Island Pre-Program and/or the Buenos Aires and Iguazú Falls Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 12 Days
1 Depart home city
2-3 Santiago, Chile
4 Santiago/Punta Arenas
5 Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales
6 Torres Del Paine National Park
7 Puerto Natales/Punta Arenas/Embark Ventus Australis
8 Ainsworth Bay/Tucker Islets
9 Beagle Channel/Pia Glacier/Glacier Alley
10 Wulaia Bay/Cape Horn
11 Ushuaia/Buenos Aires, Argentina/Depart for home city
12 Arrive in home city
- Enjoy a full-day Santiago city tour and Maipo Valley vineyard excursion, including a wine tasting.
- Embark on a panoramic tour of Punta Arenas, featuring the Plaza de Armas and the
Punta Arenas Cemetery—a designated national monument of Chile.
- Visit Torres Del Paine National Park on a full-day excursion featuring the Paine Massif, the iconic
Torres del Paine, and opportunities to observe Patagonian wildlife.
- Discover Milodón Cave, where the well‑preserved remains of an extinct giant ground sloth were discovered in 1895.
- See breathtaking scenery on a nature walk to the Magellanic Forest at Ainsworth Bay.
- Witness Magellanic penguins and majestic rock cormorants on a visit to Tucker Islet.
- Take a Zodiac excursion in Pia Fjord for spectacular views of secluded, awe‑inspiring Pia Glacier.
- Explore Cape Horn National Park, including a visit to the Cape Horn monument.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Hospitality desk.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
5-Star, Small Expedition Ship
- Only 100 suites and staterooms, each with an ocean view.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
Easter Island Pre-Program Option
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Easter Island and its unique archaeological treasures. Visit its most important landmarks, including the basalt quarry from which the moai were carved, the white sand beach, and the village central to the Birdman culture—predominant until the arrival of Christian missionaries. Enjoy 3 nights in an ideally located luxury hotel.
Buenos Aires & Iguazú Falls Post-Program Option
Extend your journey with this 4-night post-cruise itinerary featuring Argentina’s lively capital city of Buenos Aires and the dense rainforest of Iguazú Falls. Walk among the Argentine Falls and admire views
of the Devil’s Gorge. In elegant Buenos Aires, see the colorful La Boca district, Monserrat’s Plaza de Mayo, and the old quarter of San Telmo. Visit Recoleta Cemetery, the famous final resting place of Eva Perón. Accommodations are for 2 nights each in 2 luxury hotels.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.