Travel through one of the greatest engineering marvels of our time and immerse yourself in a natural world of wonder as you journey through virgin rainforests and jungle-fringed beaches from Costa Rica to Panama. This 9-day, 8-night luxury itinerary combines tours of historical and cultural sites with visits to some of the most incredible nature preserves and rainforests in Central America. Cruise from Costa Rica, one of the most biodiverse locations on Earth, to the UNESCO-designated historic district of Panama City and through the mighty locks of the Panama Canal, considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
Day 1 Depart home city/ San José, Costa Rica
Day 2 San José /Puerto Caldera/Embark Wind Star
Day 3 Quepos for Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 4 Puerto Jimenez for Osa Peninsula
Day 5 Isla Coiba, Panama
Day 6 Cruising Pacific Ocean
Day 7 Panama City
Day 8 Panama City/Canal Crossing/Colón
Day 9 Panama City/Return to home city
- Seven-night cruise from Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica to Colón, Panama.
- One night in San José, Costa Rica, at the Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen.
- Elegantly appointed, deluxe accommodations.
- Deluxe motor coach transfers during the Cruise/Land Program.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary nonpremium liquor, house wine, beer, nonalcoholic beverages and minibar service throughout the cruise; complimentary house wine and beer at lunch and dinner and nonalcoholic beverages at all meals during the land program.
- 2 receptions, 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Get to know colorful San José and uncover interesting Costa Rican history at the National Theater and National Museum.
- Witness an abundance of natural wonders — monkeys, mangroves, butterflies, sloths and more — in Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Discover the beautiful wildlife of the Osa peninsula and learn about the rainforest, sloths and chocolate on a variety of included excursions.
- Experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal — an experience unmatched for sheer drama and engineering prowess.