Discover the influence of Roman, Greek, Byzantine, Venetian, and Slavic civilizations on this extraordinary 7-night cruise featuring visits to 5 countries. Call at ancient walled cities, medieval villages, sublime archaeological sites, picture‑perfect islands, and stunning landscapes—including smaller, seldom‑visited ports inaccessible to larger vessels. Visit six UNESCO World Heritage Sites, such as historical Split, with its fourth‑century Palace of Diocletian; the seventh‑century walled city of Dubrovnik; the dramatic, fjord-like Bay of Kotor; the archaeological site of Butrint; the elegant island capital of Corfu; and the ancient Delphi and its iconic Doric columns. Explore the many hidden gems along the Dalmatian Coast as a panorama of daily life unfolds before you. Experience the unique Coastal Life® forum with local residents and a traditional folk music performance. Enhance your journey with the Venice Pre-Program and/or Athens Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 9 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Venice, Italy/Embark Le Jacques Cartier
3 Split, Croatia
6 Kotor, Montenegro
7 Sarandë for Butrint, Albania/Corfu, Greece
8 Itea for Delphi/Corinth Canal
9 Athens/Disembark ship/Return to home city
- Explore the thriving community living within Split’s 4th-century Palace of Diocletian, including the Cathedral of St. Domnius and the well-preserved Temple of Jupiter.
- Experience a walking tour inside the walled city of Dubrovnik with visits to the Franciscan Monastery, Rector’s Palace, and Maritime Museum.
- Enjoy a traditional Croatian klapa music performance.
- Explore medieval Kotor, including a visit to the 12th-century St. Tryphon Cathedral.
- Discover Corfu’s Old Town, featuring the Venetian Town Hall and the Palace of St. Michael and St. George.
- Tour the Delphi Archaeological Museum and see the life-size, fifth-century B.C. bronze statue of the Charioteer of Delphi.
- Visit Mount Parnassus to see the glorious Oracle of Delphi and its iconic Temple of Apollo.
- Cruise the Corinth Canal, a feat of ancient engineering connecting the Peloponnesian peninsula to the Greek mainland.
- Interact with locals from the Adriatic Coast during our exclusive Coastal Life® forum.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers, and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Hospitality desk.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
Le Jacques Cartier
5-Star, Small Ship
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- All meals are included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- State-of-the-art theater is ideal for enriching programming.
Venice Pre-Program Option
Begin your journey with 2 days in Venice, including visits to the Doge’s Palace and Basilica di San Marco. Experience a gondola cruise along the Grand Canal and visit the archipelago of Burano. Enjoy accommodations in a luxury hotel.
Athens and Cape Sounion Post-Program Option
Conclude your tour with 2 nights in Athens to explore such ancient treasures as the monumental Acropolis; the Parthenon; the Acropolis Museum; the Temple of Poseidon; and Plaka, the city’s oldest neighborhood. Stay at a luxury hotel located in the city’s heart.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.