Journey through Vietnam and Cambodia, where breathtaking natural beauty, sacred rituals and sublime UNESCO-inscribed temples summon awe and wonder like few places on Earth. This exceptional itinerary features two nights in Vietnam’s capital city of Hanoi, offering an intriguing blend of Asian and French heritage, a seven-night cruise from Haiphong to Saigon and three nights in Siem Reap to experience the mystical temples of Angkor. Cruise the serene and storied shores of Vietnam aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Laperouse. Explore Southeast Asia’s most captivating treasures, from tranquil ancient pagodas and bustling sampan-filled harbors to the jungle-fringed ruins of Cambodia. Featuring four UNESCO World Heritage sites—beautiful Ha Long Bay, the Forbidden Purple City in Hue, ancient Hoi An and the famed Temple of Angkor Wat—this unique program encompasses the breadth of Vietnamese culture and the magnificent religious, imperial and artistic traditions of Cambodia.
Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Hue, Da Nang, Hoi An, Saigon
Day 1 Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 Cross the International Date Line
Day 3 Arrive in Hanoi, Vietnam
Day 4 Hanoi
Day 5 Hanoi/Haiphong/Embark Le Laperouse
Day 6 Ha Long Bay
Day 7 Cruising the South China Sea
Day 8 Chan May for Hue
Day 9 Da Nang for Hoi An
Day 10 Cruising the South China Sea
Day 11 Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)
Day 12 Saigon/Disembark ship/Fly to Siem Reap, Cambodia
Day 13 Siem Reap for Angkor Wat and Banteay Srei
Day 14 Siem Reap for Angkor Thom and Ta Prohm
Day 15 Siem Reap/Depart for the U.S./Cross the International Date Line/Arrive in the U.S. or Canada
ACCLAIMED GUEST SPEAKERS:
- Kim Phuc was photographed as a child in 1972 fleeing a napalm strike and became a living symbol of the Vietnam War.
- Jim Laurie is a distinguished journalist and was a TV news correspondent during the Vietnam War.
- Uniquely designed itinerary featuring the scenic beauty, rich culture and history of Vietnam, including the South China Sea and Gulf of Tonkin.
- Created in Gohagan & Company’s tradition of innovative programming and educational travel.
- Experience the full breadth of Vietnam afforded by a cruise of the South China Sea.
- Three nights in Siem Reap for the magnificent temples of Angkor.
- Visit four UNESCO World Heritage sites—Ha Long Bay, Hue and Hoi An, Vietnam; and Angkor Wat, Cambodia.
- Specially arranged onboard lectures.
- Hong Kong Pre-Program and Bangkok Post-Program Options in world-renowned, Five-Star hotels