Trace the cultural legacy of the most storied civilization of the Middle Ages on this one-of-a-kind itinerary featuring the Iberian Peninsula and Portugal’s breathtaking Algarve coast by sail. Visit eight spectacular cities—Lisbon, Portimão, Seville, Gibraltar, Cartagena, Valencia, and Barcelona—with a call at the Moroccan port town of Tangier on the Strait of Gibraltar. Stand on the “Top of the Rock” in Gibraltar, tour Granada’s magnificent Alhambra Palace and discover the historical hillside port of Tarragona. Extend your journey with the Lisbon Pre-Program Option and/or Barcelona Post-Program Option.
1 Depart the U.S. or Canada
2 Lisbon, Portugal/Embark Wind Star
3 Portimão, the Algarve, for Silves
4 Cádiz, Spain, for Seville
5 Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory and Tangier, Morocco
6 Malaga, Spain, to Granada/Alhambra
7 Day at Sea
10 Barcelona/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
• Nine great cities—Lisbon, Portimão, Seville, Gibraltar, Tangier, Valencia, Granada and Barcelona—
paired with the legendary Iberian Peninsula— all shore excursions included.
• Special full-day excursion from Cádiz to Seville.
• Cross the Strait of Gibraltar to Tangier, Morocco.
• Full-day, scenic excursion to Granada and the majestic Alhambra Palace with its lush Generalife Gardens from Malaga, Spain.
• Visit la Plaza de la Reina and other UNESCO-inscribed sites in Valencia.