This trip is full! To add your name to the waitlist please email email@example.com.
Trace the cultural legacy of the most storied civilization of the Middle Ages on this spectacular 8-night cruise aboard the 5-star, 4-masted sailing yacht, Wind Star, featuring the Iberian Peninsula and Portugal’s breathtaking Algarve coast. Visit 10 spectacular cities—Lisbon; Portimão; Seville; Gibraltar; Tangier; Malaga; Granada; Valencia; Tarragona; and Barcelona—with excursions in every port. Stand on the “Top of the Rock” in Gibraltar, considered one of the two Pillars of Hercules by ancient Greeks and Romans. Explore Granada’s magnificent Alhambra Palace and discover the historical hillside port of Tarragona. Extend your journey with the Lisbon Pre-Program and/or Barcelona Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 10 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Lisbon, Portugal/Embark Wind Star
3 Portimão, the Algarve, for Lagos
4 Cádiz, Spain, for Seville
5 Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory/Tangier, Morocco
6 Malaga for Granada, Spain/Alhambra
7 Cruise the Mediterranean Sea
10 Barcelona/Disembark ship/Return to home city
- Admire Ponta de Piedade, a group of coastal limestone rock formations along the Algarve coast.
- Visit the intricate statue of the Infante and the Church of St. Anthony in the scenic port town
- Discover Seville’s Gothic cathedral, Europe’s second largest Christian house of worship.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Alcázar, the 14th‑century residence of Seville’s Moroccan and Spanish rulers.
- Look for the Barbary macaques, the only wild monkeys in Europe, and see the geological wonders of St. Michael’s Cave in Morocco.
- Enjoy a day touring Granada, featuring the majestic Alhambra Palace and brilliant gardens of
the Palace of Generalife—former rural residence of the emirs who ruled this part of Spain in the
13th and 14th centuries.
- Embrace life along the cobblestone streets of Valencia’s Plaza de la Reina, with views of
St. Mary’s Cathedral.
- Visit the hillside port of Tarragona to see the Plaza de La Font and what remains of an
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your suite or stateroom and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
5-Star, Sailing Yacht
- Four-masted sailing yacht with only 74 suites and staterooms, each with an ocean view.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
Lisbon Pre-Program Option
Start your journey with 2 nights in Lisbon on an itinerary that includes the 16th‑century UNESCO World Heritage-designated Jerónimos Monastery, the Tower of Belém, the charming village of Sintra, and the picturesque coastal town of Cascais. Accommodations are in an ideally located, luxury hotel.
Barcelona Post-Program Option
Conclude your tour with 2 nights in the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona on an itinerary that includes a tour of its old-world city center, the Basílica de la Sagrada Família, and an excursion to Gaudí’s Crypt of Colonia Güell. Accommodations in a 5-star hotel in the heart of the city.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation