Because we have limited availability on the February 4-15, 2024 trip we have added a second departure and those dates are February 20-March 2, 2024. The itinerary and price remain the same for both.
Travel into the majestic grasslands of Africa’s premier safari destination to observe one of Earth’s greatest spectacles—the annual Great Migration of vast herds of wildebeest followed by zebra, gazelle, and Cape buffalo. This incredible 9-night journey features immersive game drives in 3 of Tanzania’s most prestigious game parks—Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, and Tarangire National Park—as well as the UNESCO-inscribed Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Watch Tanzania’s “endless plains” unfold when you fly aboard a privately chartered aircraft from the Serengeti to Arusha with an optional hot air balloon excursion.
Itinerary : 12 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Arrive in Arusha, Tanzania
3 Arusha/Maramboi for Tarangire
4 Tarangire National Park
5 Maramboi/Lake Manyara National Park
6 Lake Manyara/Ngorongoro Conservation Area
7 Ngorongoro Conservation Area
8 Ngorongoro Conservation Area/Olduvai Gorge/Serengeti
9 Serengeti National Park
10 Serengeti National Park
11 Serengeti National Park/Arusha
12 Return to home city
- Enjoy an afternoon game drive while keeping an eye out for herds of elephant gathering near the drying riverbed and migratory wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, gazelle, and eland crowding the banks.
- Take a scenic drive to Lake Manyara National Park and visit a Maasai village to see the local people dressed in colorful traditional vestments.
- Travel to the edge of the Rift valley and learn more about Tanzania’s educational system firsthand during a visit to the Kibaoni Primary School.
- Board a 4-wheel-drive land cruiser and descend 2,000 feet to the floor of Ngorongoro Crater—
a sanctuary for hundreds of mammal and bird species.
- Visit the “cradle of mankind” at Olduvai Gorge—the most famous archaeological location in East Africa.
- Experience a sublime spectacle of nature during morning and afternoon game safaris.
- Opt to participate in an early-morning balloon safari flight for a view from above.
- Enjoy a scenic, privately chartered flight over the African plains to Arusha.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides throughout your safari.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your hotel/guest room and while on safari.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges
- Award-winning, deluxe accommodations for more than 40 years.
- Ideally located in the heart of game reserves and lush mountain villages, these lodges immerse you
in the largest concentration of wildlife and offer a unique local experience with tasteful, modern facilities.
- Designed to promote sustainability and complement the African landscape.
- Dedicated to providing guests with authentic cuisines and an indigenous aesthetic.
Maramboi Tented Lodge
- Classic comfort in the African bush.
- Tents (with en-suite bathrooms) built on raised wood platforms with views of Lake Manyara
and the Rift Valley.
- Private terrace with breathtaking views of the Great Rift Valley.
- Ideally located near Tarangire National Park, home to baobab trees, elephants, lions, and 550 bird species.
- Excellent stargazing opportunities abound throughout the property.