Trace the legacies of Viking and Celtic clans on this extraordinary 7-night cruise showcasing the pristine natural beauty of Norway’s mighty fjords and the mist-enshrouded peaks of Scotland. Cruise into ports accessible only by small ship and enjoy a specially arranged ride on Norway’s legendary Flåm Railway. Discover the Orkney Islands’ fascinating Neolithic history, featuring a special presentation on the Ness of Brodgar by archaeologist Nick Card. During a full-day excursion, explore the glens of the Scottish Highlands. Enhance your journey with the Wonders of Norway Pre-Program and/or Edinburgh and Glasgow Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 9 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Bergen, Norway/Embark Le Champlain
4 Flåm Railway/Cruising Sognefjord Lerwick, Shetland Islands, for Jarlshof
5 Lerwick, Shetland Islands, for Jarlshof
6 Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, for Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae
7 Kyle of Lochalsh/Isle of Skye
8 Fort William for the Scottish Highlands
9 Glasgow, Scotland/Disembark ship/Return to home city
- Explore the Fantoft Stavkirke, a 12th‑century wooden stave church, and take a walking tour
of Bergen’s historic waterfront.
- Cruise Sognefjord, passing traditional farmsteads and villages flanked by mountains and glaciers.
- Visit the Neolithic Heartland of Orkney, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and see the ceremonial Stones of Stenness and the Ring of Brodgar henge.
- See the Glenfinnan Viaduct, immortalized by the Hogwarts Express in the Harry Potter film series, and the Glenfinnan Monument.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your suite or stateroom and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
5-Star, Small Ship
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
- State-of-the-art theater ideal for enriching programming.
Wonders of Norway Pre-Program Option
Our 5-night pre-program option explores the Norwegian highlands and the scenery of Europe’s highest mountain plateau on the Bergen Railway. Take a canal cruise through Copenhagen, passing by the Naval Church. Visit Oslo and Stalheim—taking the Bergen Line train from Oslo to Voss. Stay in historic hotels and spend 1 night aboard an award‑winning Seaways ferry.
Edinburgh and Glasgow Post-Program Option
Discover 2 of Scotland’s greatest cities on a 3-night tour extension. Visit the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum. Explore the heart of Scotland and see Trossachs and the Stirling Castle. Accommodations are in an ideally located luxury hotel.