Trace the legacies of Viking and Celtic clans on this extraordinary 7-night cruise across the mist-enshrouded peaks of Scotland and the pristine natural beauty of Norway’s mighty fjords. Cruise into ports accessible only by small ship. Discover the Orkney Islands’ fascinating Neolithic history, featuring a special presentation on the Ness of Brodgar by archaeologist Nick Card. Enjoy a full day scenic excursion into the glens of the Scottish Highlands and a specially arranged ride on Norway’s legendary Flåm Railway. Enhance your journey with the Edinburgh and Glasgow Pre-Program and/or Wonders of Norway Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 9 Days
May 31 to June 8 (Embarkation: June 1 at 4:00 pm)
Note that this program operates in the reverse order.
1 Depart home city
2 Glasgow, Scotland/Embark Le Dumont d’Urville
3 Fort William for the Scottish Highlands
4 Kyle of Lochalsh/Isle of Skye
5 Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, for Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae
6 Lerwick, Shetland Islands, for Jarlshof
7 Cruising Sognefjord, Norway/Flåm Railway
9 Bergen/Disembark ship/Return to home city
- See the Glenfinnan Viaduct, immortalized by the Hogwarts Express in the Harry Potter film series, and the Glenfinnan Monument.
- Visit the Neolithic Heartland of Orkney, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and see the ceremonial Stones of Stenness and the Ring of Brodgar henge.
- Cruise Sognefjord, passing traditional farmsteads and villages flanked by mountains and glaciers.
- Explore the Fantoft Stavkirke, a 12th‑century wooden stave church, and take a walking tour
of Bergen’s historic waterfront.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your suite or stateroom and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by
Gohagan & Company.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
5-Star, Small Ship
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
- State-of-the-art theater ideal for enriching programming.
Edinburgh and Glasgow Pre-Program Option
Discover two of Scotland’s greatest cities on a 3-night pre-program option. Visit the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum. Explore the heart of Scotland and see Trossachs and the Stirling Castle. Accommodations are in an ideally located luxury hotel.
Wonders of Norway Post-Program Option
Our 5-night tour extension explores the Norwegian highlands and the scenery of Europe’s highest mountain
plateau on the Bergen Railway. Enjoy a canal cruise through Copenhagen, passing by the Naval Church. Visit Oslo and Stalheim—taking the Bergen Line train from Oslo to Voss. Stay in historic hotels and spend 1 night aboard an award‑winning Seaways ferry.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.