This trip is FULL. To add your name to the waitlist please email email@example.com.
Enjoy the sun-drenched landscapes of the French, Italian, and Spanish Rivieras and islands, renowned as a glamorous retreat for artists, writers, and nobility, on this 5-star, 8-night sail. Immerse yourself in the region’s dynamic history, art, and stunning scenery as you explore 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites—including Carcassonne’s medieval fortifications and the cliffside villages of Italy’s Cinque Terre. Discover the cultural treasures of Marseille and Aix-en-Provence, the Prince’s Palace of Monaco, and Corsica’s fortified town of Bonifacio. Extend your journey with the Barcelona Pre-Program and/or Rome Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 10 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Barcelona, Spain/Embark Wind Star
3 Port Vendres, France, for Carcassonne
4 Marseille for Aix-en-Provence
5 Nice/Monte Carlo, Monaco
6 Savona/Portofino, Italy
7 Portovenere for Cinque Terre
8 Portoferraio, Elba
9 Bonifacio, Corsica, France
10 Civitavecchia, Italy/Disembark ship/Return to home city
- Cruise the Tyrrhenian, Ligurian, and Mediterranean seas under sail with port call every day
and all shore excursions included.
- Spend a day exploring Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe, for a tour that includes a visit to the Abbey of Fontfroide.
- Explore Aix-en-Provence’s historical Old Town and enjoy free time at the market.
- Discover the studio of Post‑Impressionist painter Cezanne in Aix-en-Provence and stroll
the famed Cours Mirabeau.
- Visit Mont Boron for panoramic views of the Old Port of Nice, the village of Villefranche‑sur-Mer, and the stunning Cap‑Ferrat peninsula.
- Tour the Old Town of Monaco and visit the Cathedral where many of its leaders are buried,
including Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier.
- Enjoy a walking tour through the medieval heart of Savona, including Via Pia and the Little Sistine Chapel.
- Visit to Elba Island and Villa Dei Mulini, where Napoleon Bonaparte stayed during his exile.
- See the majestic Napoleonic Theatre of Vigilanti and the Porta Mare in Portoferraio on the
island of Elba.
- In Bonifacio, take a walking tour to the Citadel and Old Town to see St. Dominique church;
Place Bir Hakeim; St. Jean Baptiste church; and Le Grain de Sable—a limestone rock formation.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Hospitality desk.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
5-Star, Sailing Yacht
- Only 74 suites and staterooms, each with an ocean view.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
- Sleek 4-masted sailing yacht.
Barcelona Pre-Program Option
Experience the capital city of Catalonia, Barcelona, once an ancient Roman trading port. See the Barri Gòtic
(Gothic Quarter), with its labyrinthine streets. Tour architect Antoni Gaudí’s extraordinary UNESCO World
Heritage Site, Basílica de la Sagrada Família. Discover Gaudí’s rarely visited Crypt of Colonia Güell.
Accommodations are for 2 nights in a 5-star hotel.
Rome Post-Program Option
Capital of the Roman Empire and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the “Eternal City” of Rome showcases
its landmarks from centuries as a nucleus of culture and religion. Tour St. Peter’s Basilica and the opulent Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel. Visit the fifth-century Church of St. Peter in Chains,
the iconic Colosseum, and the historic Roman Forum. Enjoy accommodations for 3 nights in a luxury hotel.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.