New Promotion – No Single Supplement Fee for Solo Travelers!! Offer applies to cabin categories 6, 7, and 8.
Begin your 7-night expedition in the San Blas Islands, Panama, to immerse yourself in local culture and learn
about the traditional way of life. Spend 2 days exploring Panama City and experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal—an experience unmatched for sheer drama and engineering prowess. Explore the wonders of Costa Rica’s seldom-visited Cébaco Island; diverse Manuel Antonio National Park; and colorful Curú National Wildlife Refuge. Enhance your experience with the Panama Pre-Program and/or Costa Rica Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 9 Days
1 Depart home city/Colón, Panama/Embark Le Dumont d’Urville
2 San Blas Islands
3-4 Panama City
5 Cébaco Island
6 Quepos for Manuel Antonio National Park
7 Curú National Wildlife Refuge/Tortuga Island
8 Puntarenas/San José
9 San José/Return to home city
- Cruise from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea through the Panama Canal.
- Enjoy a tour of Panama City, including a visit the new Frank Gehry‑designed Biodiversity Museum.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-designated historic district of Casco Antiguo, a charming neighborhood with cobblestone streets and architecturally significant edifices.
- Snorkel in the emerald waters of the seldom-visited Cébaco Island, where schools of brilliantly colored fish, giant manta rays, and 4 different species of turtles swim amid spectacular rock reefs.
- Watch for colorful toucans, screeching howler monkeys, camouflaged iguanas, arboreal squirrel monkeys, and rambunctious capuchin monkeys under the guidance of expert naturalists on a tour of Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tour Costa Rica’s dynamic capital city of San José and visit the National Theater—a regal Baroque edifice modeled on Milan’s La Scala—and the National Museum.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your suite or stateroom and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
Le Dumont d’Urville
5-Star Small Ship
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
- Underwater viewing with the multisensory Blue Eye subaquatic Observation Lounge.
Panama Pre-Program Option
Experience Panama City’s rich indigenous culture, compelling colonial history, and contemporary élan on a 3-day tour that includes visits to Panama La Vieja, the Agua Clara Visitor Center, and a cruise along the Gatún River to meet indigenous Emberá people. Spend 2 nights in an ideally located, luxury hotel.
Costa Rica Post-Program Option
Explore Costa Rica’s diverse biospheres, from steamy hot springs to misty cloud forests, on this dynamic
3-day program. Accommodations for 4 nights in ideally located, luxury hotels.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your