Includes a complimentary three-night Sydney, Australia pre-cruise extension if you book your air through Gohagan & Company!
See inimitable natural wonders that exist nowhere else on the planet as you cruise New Zealand’s North Island and circumnavigate the South Island. Experience Māori culture in the “thermal city” of Rotorua and enjoy panoramic tours of the Art Deco city of Napier and the cosmopolitan capital of Wellington. Cruise for two days through Fiordland National Park for up-close views of deep fjords, untamed gorges and the glacier-grooved landscapes of Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound and Dusky Sound. Expand your journey with the Sydney Pre-Program and Queenstown Post‑Program Options.
1-2 Depart the U.S./Cross the International Date Line
3 Arrive in Auckland, North Island, New Zealand/Embark LE LAPÉROUSE
5 Whakatane for Rotorua
8 Cruising the Tasman Sea
9 Milford Sound, South Island
10 Doubtful/Dusky Sound
12 Lyttelton/Disembark ship/Christchurch/ Auckland/Return to the U.S.
• City tour of Auckland and visit to the Auckland War Memorial Museum to see its collection
of Māori treasures.
• Excursion to Rotorua, epicenter of the indigenous Māori culture, to see the Pohutu Geyser and a Māori haka war dance performance.
• Tour of Napier, a veritable showcase of Art Deco architecture and a cosmopolitan hub.
• Panoramic tour of Wellington featuring a visit to Old St. Paul’s Cathedral and the national Museum of New Zealand.
• Cruise through magnificent Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound and Dusky Sound in Fiordland National Park.
• Zodiac excursions to view the extraordinary flora and fauna of the incredibly biodiverse South Island.
• Tour of Dunedin to see the Railway Station and visit Olveston Historic Home and Larnach Castle.
• City tour of Christchurch, including the Mona Vale Gardens.
• Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage handling is not included.)
• Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
• Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
• Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
• Hospitality desk aboard ship.
• Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.