Bask in sun-dappled islands at the crossroads of the Mediterranean and explore coastal cities that date back more than 7,000 years. This exclusive cruise itinerary takes you from the antiquities of Malta to the ancient sites of Tunisia and Palermo on the Italian island of Sicily. Enjoy views at Trapani, Sicily before journeying back to Taormina and Syracuse. Enhance your journey with the Malta Pre-Program Option.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Valleta, Malta/Embark Le Bougainville
- Porto Empedocle for Agrigento, Sicily
- Tunis, Tunisia for Carthage
- Trapani, Sicily
- Reggio Calabria/Naxos for Taormina
- Valletta, Malta/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
- Excursion to Sicily’s Agrigento and its majestic Valley of the Temples.
- Excursion to ancient Carthage, a UNESCO World Heritage site situated on the north African coast of Tunisia.
- Excursion to Sicily’s ancient capital city of Palermo, founded by Phoenician traders in eighth-century B.C.
- Visit to Lipari, the largest of the UNESCO-designated Aeolian Islands.
- Views of Sicily’s imposing Mt. Etna, Europe’s highest volcano.
- Tour of Sicily’s Syracuse, with visits to one of the best‑preserved ancient Greek theaters in the world.