Join us on this specially designed small-ship itinerary featuring the combination of the fabled cities of Morocco and the sun-washed, off-the-beaten-track Canary Islands. Visit seven UNESCO World Heritage sites and tour timeless monuments of the dynamic yet ancient societies of the Spanish and the Moors. Cruise sea routes once plied by Phoenician triremes and Roman galleys. Observe the contrast of ancient and modern in exotic Casablanca and medieval Marrakech. Cruise for seven nights from Las Palmas aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star small ship Le Dumont d’Urville, with access to ports unavailable to larger vessels and only 92 Suites and Staterooms, each with a private balcony. Madrid Pre-Program and Marrakech Post-Program Options
La Palma, Tenerife, Marrakech, Casablanca, Volubilis, Fez
Day 1 Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain/Embark LE DUMONT D’URVILLE
Day 3 Santa Cruz de la Palma
Day 4 Los Cristianos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Day 5 Cruising the North Atlantic Ocean
Day 6 Safi, Morocco, for Marrakech
Day 7 Casablanca
Day 8 Kenitra for Fez and Volubilis
Day 9 Disembark ship/Casablanca/Return to the U.S. or Canada
ON BOARD THE EXCLUSIVELY CHARTERED, FIVE-STAR SMALL SHIP LE DUMONT D’URVILLE
- Seven-night cruise from Las Palmas, Canary Islands, Spain, to Casablanca, Morocco.
- Elegantly appointed Five-Star Suite or Stateroom, each with a private balcony.
- Captain’s Welcome Reception and Dinner and Farewell Reception.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Visits to La Palma’s scenic Caldera de Taburiente and the Mirador de la Concepción for spectacular views of the “Pretty Isle.”
- Half-day cultural immersion in Casablanca, including the Royal Palace, Hassan II Mosque, Place des Nations Unies, Medina and Rick’s Café, where scenes from the 1942 classic Casablanca were filmed. UNESCO World Heritage Site Highlights
UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE HIGHLIGHTS
- Full-day excursion on the island of Tenerife, renowned for its Spanish colonial architecture and the stunning scenery of Mount Teide in UNESCO-designated Teide National Park, with a visit to the 15th-century colonial town of San Cristóbal de la Laguna.
- Full-day excursion to the ancient city of Fez, one of the most completely intact Islamic cities in North Africa.
- Visit to the imperial city of Meknes and the magnificently preserved ancient Roman ruins at nearby Volubilis.
- Full-day excursion to the 1,000-year-old city of Marrakech to visit the Medina, the 12th-century Koutoubia Mosque and see Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, including lunch.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.