Discover the legacy of the Celts in Scotland, Wales, Ireland, England, and France on this carefully curated 9-night itinerary. Enjoy two full-day excursions to the hallowed beaches of Normandy on the 80th anniversary of D-Day—each accompanied by acclaimed historians Dwight David Eisenhower II and Allen Packwood OBE. Your Celtic journey begins in London, England, before continuing to France to visit Omaha Beach and Arromanches in Caen and then Utah Beach in Cherbourg. From there, cruise to the Isle of Scilly, England, and then on to Dublin, Ireland; Wales; and the Isles of Iona and Tobermory before your last stop at Fort William, Scotland. Complement your journey with the London Pre-Program and/or the Edinburgh and Glasgow Post-Program options.
Itinerary – 11 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Arrive in London, United Kingdom
3 London/Portsmouth/Embark Le Bellot
4 Caen, France for Omaha Beach and Arromanches
5 Cherbourg for Utah Beach
6 Tresco, Isle of Scilly, England
7 Dublin, Ireland
8 Holyhead, Wales for Caernarfon
9 Isle of Iona/Tobermory, Isle of Mull
10 Fort William, Scotland
11 Glasgow/Return to home city
- City tour of Dublin to see St. Patrick’s and Christ Church cathedrals and visit Trinity College to
see the Book of Kells.
- Visit to the inner Hebridean Isle of Iona featuring the historic Iona Abbey.
- Leisure time in the charming 18th-century port town of Tobermory, Isle of Mull.
- Excursion from Fort William through the breathtaking Scottish Highlands, featuring Glencoe, Scotland’s most scenic glen.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Hospitality desk.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
5-Star, Small Ship
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
London Pre-Program Option
Explore the storied history of London, a city that continues to rewrite its narrative. Visit the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and step into Churchill’s Cabinet War Room—which offers a rare glimpse into a secret World War II bunker. Spend 2 nights in a 5-star hotel.
Edinburgh and Glasgow Post-Program Option
Discover two of Scotland’s greatest cities and their histories of clans, medieval knights, and royal and religious intrigue on this 3‑night program extension. Visit Glasgow’s 12th‑century cathedral, the only medieval church in mainland Scotland to survive the reformation of 1560, and historical Edinburgh Castle. Accommodations are in a 5‑star hotel.
The Pre- and Post-Programs Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.