Visit 3 continents; explore centuries-old landmarks in Greece, Egypt, and Jordan; and cruise from the Aegean Sea to the Red Sea via the Suez Canal on this remarkable voyage. View the Minoan Palace at Knossos and continue to Heraklion to visit the Archaeological Museum. Mid-cruise, overnight in Luxor in a Nile-view room and enjoy a specially arranged visit into the tomb of Queen Nefertari. Discover the historical sites of Jordan on
a journey to Amman, Jerash, Wadi Rum, and legendary Petra. Stand in the shadows of the Great Pyramids
of Giza. Enhance your immersion into these ancient civilizations with the Greece Pre-Program and/or Israel Post-Program Options.
Itinerary – 14 Days
1 Depart home city
2 Athens, Greece/Embark Le Bougainville
3 Heraklion, Crete
4 Cruising the Mediterranean Sea
6 Transit the Suez Canal
7 Ain Sokhna for Giza Plateau
8 Luxor, Egypt
10 Aqaba/Disembark ship/Wadi Rum/Petra
11 Petra/Amman, Jordan
14 Amman/Return to home city
- Visit the Alexandria Library, the Roman Amphitheater, the Catacombs, and tour Qaitbey Fort.
- Cross the Nile to visit one of the world’s most important archaeological sites, the Necropolis at Luxor in the Valley of the Kings.
- Travel into the mountains and across the arid desert to Luxor to see the great temples of
- Marvel at the three-gated Hadrian’s Arch and walk the Sacred Way to the Temple of Artemis.
- Enjoy a tour of Amman, starting with the blue-domed King Abdullah Mosque, then see the ruins of Hercules temple at the Amman Citadel.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Hospitality desk.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
5-Star, Small Ship
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
- State-of-the-art theater ideal for enriching educational lectures.
Greece Pre-Program Option
Enhance your Athens experience and enjoy a full-day excursion to the mystical site of Delphi and its Archaeological Museum. Explore Plaka, Athens’ oldest neighborhood, at leisure. At the Acropolis, see the archaeological treasures in the Acropolis Museum and tour the perfectly proportioned Parthenon. Accommodations are for 2 nights at an ideally located, luxury hotel.
Israel Post-Program Option
Expand your exploration of the great civilizations to include captivating biblical, historical, and cultural
sites surrounding the ancient city of Jerusalem. Tour UNESCO World Heritage-designated Masada, visit Bethlehem on the West Bank of Palestine, and enjoy an unforgettable float in the Dead Sea. In Jerusalem, visit the poignant Yad Vashem, The World Holocaust Remembrance Center. Spend 4 nights in a luxury hotel.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation