Journey through Vietnam, where natural beauty, sacred rituals, and cultural wonders come together on an exceptional 14-day expedition that includes a 7-night cruise from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, to Hanoi. This program features guest speakers Kim Phuc, famously photographed as a child in 1972 Vietnam; Nick Ut, the Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer who took that iconic image; and Jim Laurie, a TV news correspondent during the Vietnam War. Enhance your experience with the Siem Reap and Cambodia Pre-Program Option.
Itinerary – 14 Days
Day 1-2 – Depart home city/Cross the International Date Line
Day 3 – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam
Day 4 – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
Day 5 – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)/Embark Le Jacques Cartier
Day 6 – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
Day 7 – Cruising the South China Sea
Day 8 – Da Nang for Hôi An
Day 9 – Da Nang/Chan May for Hué
Day 10 – Chan May
Day 11 – Cruising the South China Sea
Day 12 – Ha Long Bay
Day 13 – Hanoi
Day 14 – Hanoi/Depart for home city/Cross the International Date Line/Arrive in home city
- Uniquely designed 14-day land and cruise expedition through Vietnam, featuring the scenic beauty, rich culture, and history of Vietnam, including the South China Sea and Gulf of Tonkin.
- Experience the full breadth of Vietnam afforded by a cruise of the South China Sea.
- Visit three UNESCO World Heritage Sites—Ha Long Bay, Hue, and Hoi An.
- Meet Kim Phuc, famously photographed fleeing a Napalm Strike when she was 9 years old, and learn more about her commitment to global peace.
- Engage with Nick Ut, the Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer who captured that moment for the Associated Press and shared it with the world.
- Hear award-winning reporter Jim Laurie talk about his days covering Vietnam and Cambodia for NBC News in 1972.
- Join Nick Ut for an onboard workshop and hands-on coaching to elevate your travel photography.
- Siem Reap Pre-Program Option in a world-renowned, 5-star hotel.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if you made your air arrangements through
Gohagan & Company. (If you made your own air arrangements, transfers and luggage
handling are not included.)
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Hospitality desk.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
All program features are contingent upon final brochure pricing. Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions, and surcharges at any time.
Le Jacques Cartier
5-Star, Small Ship
- Only 92 suites and staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- All meals included on board the ship, as well as alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
throughout the cruise.
- State-of-the-art theater ideal for enriching programming.
Cambodia Pre-Program Option
This three-night pre-tour extension in Siem Reap immerses you in the rich culture and traditions of Cambodia and the Siem Reap province with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy a private dinner at Kravan Temple in UNESCO World Heritage-designated Angkor Wat. Begin your exploration of this storied region with a visit to the royal walled city of Angkor Thom, the last capital of the Khmer Empire. Tour the area surrounding its UNESCO-designated complex, including the Terrace of the Elephants, Terrace of the Leper King, and Royal Palace. Nearby, visit UNESCO-inscribed Ta Prohm, a 12th-century Buddhist temple that remains largely untouched by man. Here, the dynamic life cycle between nature and humanity provides the basis for Ta Prohm’s legendary “lost city” tales. Continue your discovery with a tour of the 12th-century Temple of Angkor Wat. the largest religious structure in the world which stands in testament to the centuries-long grandeur of the prosperous Khmer Empire. As darkness falls later that evening, you will head back into the temple complex for a dinner to remember. After being greeted by a traditional Chayam dance, you will dine under the stars with full table service among its famous temples with entertainment into the night. Enjoy luxury accommodations at the 5-star Sofitel Angkor Wat.
The Pre-Program Option is available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.