During this nine-night journey of a lifetime, observe one of Earth’s greatest natural spectacles. Travel into the majestic grasslands of Africa’s premier safari destination during the annual Great Migration of vast droves of wildebeest followed by zebra, gazelle and Cape buffalo, and see other wildlife including elephant, lion, cheetah and leopard. Visit three of Tanzania’s finest game parks—Tarangire, Lake Manyara and the Serengeti—and Ngorongoro Conservation Area a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for immersive game drives. Spend three nights in the heart of Serengeti National Park surrounded by the herds of the Great Migration, and watch Tanzania’s plains and patterns unfold when you fly from Serengeti to Arusha aboard a privately chartered aircraft. Stay in accommodations at deluxe Serena Safari Lodges and a deluxe tented camp in Tarangire. An expert curator illuminates human prehistory at Oldupai Gorge, “the cradle of mankind” and one of the most important paleoanthropological sites in the world. This exceptional travel value includes all accommodations, the chartered flight in Tanzania, daily game drives and most meals.
Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Arusha, Tanzania
- Arusha/Tarangire National Park
- Tarangire National Park
- Tarangire National Park/Lake Manyara National Park
- Lake Manyara National Park/Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area/Oldupai Gorge/Serengeti National Park
- Serengeti National Park
- Serengeti National Park
- Serengeti National Park/Private charter flight to Arusha/Depart for the U.S. or Canada
- Arrive in the U.S. or Canada
- Custom-designed air and land safari, with three nights in the heart of Serengeti National Park, exclusively from Gohagan & Company.
- Journey of a lifetime amidst one of Earth’s greatest natural spectacles—the phenomenal Great Migration.
- View the “endless plains” between the Serengeti and Arusha aboard a privately chartered aircraft designed to fly into remote areas.
- Visit three of Tanzania’s finest game parks— Tarangire, Lake Manyara, UNESCO World Heritage-designated Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti.
- Accommodations in award-winning Serena Safari Lodges and a deluxe tented camp in Tarangire National Park.
- Abundant wildlife viewing featuring the “Big Five”—lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and Cape buffalo.
- Morning and afternoon game drives led by expert safari guides.
- Small group size (approximately 24) for the optimal game‑viewing experience—the best way to experience a safari in Tanzania.
- Rare opportunities to connect with the people of Tanzania during special visits to a primary school, supported by Gohagan & Company for over 25 years, and a Maasai village.
- A legendary program, operating for more than 30 years with rave reviews and still selling out!
- All accommodations, all game drives and most meals included.
- Enjoy deluxe accommodations in Serena Safari Lodges and tented camp
The Deluxe, Award-Winning Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges
This program has been specially designed to feature Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges that have provided award‑winning, deluxe accommodations for over 40 years. Ideally located in the heart of game reserves and lush mountain villages, these deluxe lodges immerse you in the largest concentration of wildlife and offer a unique local experience with tasteful, modern facilities.
- One night (upon arrival) and one day room (final day) in the Arusha Serena Hotel.
- One breakfast and one lunch.
- Welcome safari briefing and introduction.
Lunch at the Arusha Coffee Plantation Lodge, followed by a scenic drive from Arusha to Tarangire National Park.
In Tarangire National Park
- Welcome Reception.
- Two nights in the distinctive Tarangire Sopa Lodge.
- Two breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners.
- Two morning and one afternoon game drives.
Scenic drive from Tarangire National Park to Lake Manyara National Park, including a visit with traditional Maasi Villagers to experience their daily life and culture.
In Lake Manyara National Park
- One night in the impressive Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge.
- One breakfast, two lunches and one dinner.
- Afternoon game drive.
- Visit Kibaoni Primary School supported by Gohagan & Company for over 25 years, to meet with its principal, followed by a scenic drive from Lake Manyara to Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
In Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Two nights in the dramatic Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge.
- Two breakfasts and two dinners.
- Extensive excursion into the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Ngorongoro Conservation Area aboard a four‑wheel drive land cruiser, including a picnic lunch.
Picnic/game drive en route from Ngorongoro Conservation Area to Serengeti National Park, including lunch and a visit to Oldupai Gorge, the “cradle of mankind” with expert insights from the Oldupai curator.
In Serengeti National Park
- Three nights in the Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge, located in the heart of the Great Migration and designated to blend naturally into the African landscape.
- Three breakfasts, two lunches and three dinners.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in this incredible UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Optional hot-air balloon flight excursion, weather permitting (at additional cost).
Privately chartered scenic flight from the beautiful landscapes of Serengeti National
Park to Arusha.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to safari drivers/guides for included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water provided in individual lodge rooms and in safari vehicles.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.