During this 12-day journey of a lifetime, observe one of Earth’s greatest natural spectacles by on game drives. Travel into the majestic grasslands of Africa’s premier safari destination during the annual Great Migration of vast droves of wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and Cape buffalo, and see wildlife including elephant, lion, cheetah and leopard. Visit four of Tanzania’s finest game parks—Tarangire, Lake Manyara and the UNESCO World Heritage sites of the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater—for immersive game drives. Spend three nights in the heart of Serengeti National Park surrounded by the herds of the Great Migration, and watch Tanzania’s plains and patterns unfold when you fly from Serengeti to Arusha aboard a privately chartered aircraft. Stay in deluxe Serena Safari Lodges and a comfortable tented camp in Tarangire. An expert curator illuminates human prehistory at Oldupai Gorge, where the Leakey family famously discovered 1.8-million-year-old human fossils. This exceptional travel value includes all accommodations, the chartered flight in Tanzania, game drives and most meals.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Arusha, Tanzania
- Arusha/Tarangire National Park
- Tarangire National Park
- Tarangire National Park/Lake Manyara National Park
- Lake Manyara National Park/Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area/Oldupai Gorge/Serengeti National Park
- Serengeti National Park
- Serengeti National Park
- Serengeti National Park/Private charter flight to Arusha/Depart for the U.S. or Canada
- Arrive in the U.S. or Canada
*Itinerary will also operate in the reverse direction.
- Custom-designed air and land safari, with three nights in the heart of Serengeti National Park, exclusively from Gohagan & Company.
- Journey of a lifetime amidst one of Earth’s greatest natural spectacles—the phenomenal Great Migration.
- View the “endless plains” between the Serengeti and Arusha aboard a privately chartered aircraft designed to fly into remote areas.
- Visit four of Tanzania’s finest game parks—the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara and Tarangire.
- Accommodations in deluxe Serena Safari Lodges.
- Abundant wildlife viewing featuring the “Big Five”—lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and Cape buffalo.
- Morning and afternoon game drives led by expert safari guides.
- Small group size (approximately 24) for the optimal gameviewing experience—the best way to experience a safari in Tanzania.
- Rare opportunities to connect with the people of Tanzania during special visits to a primary school, supported by Gohagan & Company for 25 years, and a Maasai village.
- A legendary program, operating for more than 30 years with rave reviews and still selling out!
- All accommodations, all game drives and most meals included.
The Deluxe, Award-Winning Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges
This program has been specially designed to feature Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges that have provided awardwinning, deluxe accommodations for over 40 years. Ideally located in the heart of game reserves and lush mountain villages, these deluxe lodges immerse you in the largest concentration of wildlife and offer a unique local experience with tasteful, modern facilities.This program has been specially designed to feature Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges that have provided awardwinning, deluxe accommodations for over 40 years. Ideally located in the heart of game reserves and lush mountain villages, these deluxe lodges immerse you in the largest concentration of wildlife and offer a unique local experience with tasteful, modern facilities.
- One night (upon arrival) and one day room (final day) in the Arusha Serena Hotel, Resort & Spa.
- One breakfast and one lunch.
- Welcome safari briefing and introduction.
Lunch at the Arusha Coffee Plantation Lodge, followed by a scenic drive from Arusha to Tarangire National Park.
In Tarangire National Park
- Welcome Reception.
- Two nights in the distinctive Tarangire Sopa Lodge tented camp.
- Two breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners.
- Morning and afternoon game drives.
Scenic drive from Tarangire to Lake Manyara National Park
In Lake Manyara National Park
- One night in the impressive Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge.
- Visit to a traditional Maasai village to experience their daily life and culture.
- One breakfast, two lunches and one dinner.
- Afternoon game drive.
Scenic drive from Lake Manyara to the Ngorongoro Crater. En route, visit the Kibaoni Primary School, supported by Gohagan & Company for 25 years, and meet with its principal.
In Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Two nights in the dramatic Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge.
- Two breakfasts and two dinners.
- Extensive excursion into the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Ngorongoro Crater aboard a fourwheeldrive land cruiser, including a “bush” picnic lunch.
Game drive en route from Ngorongoro to Serengeti National Park, including lunch and a visit to Oldupai Gorge, the “cradle of mankind,” with expert insights from the Oldupai curator.
In Serengeti National Park
- Three nights in the Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge, located in the heart of the Great Migration and designed to blend naturally into the African landscape.
- Three breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in this incredible UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Optional hot-air balloon flight excursion, weather permitting.
Privately chartered scenic flight from the beautiful landscapes of Serengeti National Park to Arusha.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to safari drivers/guides for included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water provided in individual lodge rooms and on safari vehicles.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard safari vehicles.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.