Elude the depths of winter and experience the sport of sailing on the high seas, seafaring in its most timeless form on this custom-designed, seven-night cruise experience amid the deep blue sea of the Caribbean’s tropical Windward Islands aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small expedition ship Le Champlain. Cruise into secluded harbors, exploring the natural and cultural treasures of the Windward Islands. Visit Grenada, the Spice Island; Martinique’s Clément Plantation and Rum Distillery; Mayreau, Grenadines and St. Vincent, including the awe-inspiring lagoons of Tobago Cays Marine Park, Union Island with its dramatic volcanic peaks juxtaposing its flat and shallow coral reefs; Soufriére, St. Lucia’s Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens and Volcano and Sulphur Springs; and Bequia’s seaside Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary and Bridgetown, Barbados, known for its colonial architecture and vibrant Bajan culture. Grenada Pre-Cruise and Barbados Post-Cruise Options are available.
- Depart the U.S./Arrive St. George’s, Grenada/Embark Le Champlain
- St. George’s, Grenada
- Tobago Cays, Grenadines/Chatham Bay, Union Island
- Fort-de-France, Martinique
- Soufrière, St. Lucia/Marigot Bay
- Saline Bay, Mayreau, Grenadines
- Kingstown, St. Vincent/Port Elizabeth, Bequia, Grenadines
- Bridgetown, Barbados/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S.
- Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater observation lounge.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the Five‑Star expedition ship Le Champlain, launched in 2018.
- Only 92 Suites and Staterooms—each with a private balcony!
- All meals included—superb French-inspired cuisine on the ship.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- Specially designed itinerary to the southern Caribbean’s rarely visited Windward Islands, inaccessible to larger vessels—all excursions included.
- Cruise from Grenada—the “Spice Island,” to UNESCO World Heritage-designated Bridgetown, Barbados, calling at beautiful Grenadines and Martinique—“island of flowers,” St. Vincent and St. Lucia, iconic for its Gros and Petit Pitons.
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment and opportunities to experience the coral reefs of Tobago Cays Marine Park.
- Excursions to a variety of lush and intriguing ecosystems—including St. Lucia’s Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens.
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Small Ship Le Champlain
Blue Eye—The World’s First Luxury Underwater Observatory
Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater observation lounge. View the beauty of marine life through the large, subaquatic windows and integrated digital screens providing live images from underwater cameras, and enjoy the sensory experience of listening to the ocean’s unique underwater universe in the comfort of the exclusive Blue Eye Lounge. Marine life viewing varies by location.
Luxury Small Ship, Innovative Design
Le Champlain, launched in 2018, ushers in a new generation of Five-Star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships and where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Respect for the Environment
The newest addition to the Ponant “clean ship” fleet, an important distinction among ocean-cruising vessels, Le Champlain is energy efficient and eco-friendly, protecting fragile marine ecosystems while providing a safe and comfortable voyage.
Chic and Casual Dining
Dine indoors or alfresco on international and regional cuisine served in the stylish, spacious indoor-outdoor restaurant, at the casual pool deck grill or from 24-hour room service. Daily meals include continental and buffet breakfasts, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and four-course dinner.
92 Elegant Suites and Staterooms, 100% with Private Balconies
Each Five-Star Stateroom and Suite (up to 484 square feet) features a private balcony. Grand Deluxe Suites have a bay window and spacious private terrace. Accommodations offer two twin beds or one queen bed, private bathroom with shower, individual climate control and luxurious hotel amenities.
Life on Board
Enjoy sweeping views from the lounges, which open to the outdoors, and lectures, cultural performances or film screenings in the state-of-the-art theater. Relax in the spa and sauna or the Sun Deck’s infinity-style swimming pool. There is a beauty salon, fitness room and there are three elevators. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the ship.
The highly trained, English-speaking crew are personable and attentive, and the ship has a medical center staffed with a doctor and nurse.
On Board the Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Small Ship Le Champlain
Seven-night cruise featuring the most beautiful locales of the Windward Islands— Grenada; the Grenadines and St. Vincent, including Tobago Cays; Union Island; Martinique; St. Lucia; Mayreau, Bequia and Barbados.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Blue Eye—the world’s first luxury, multisensory, underwater observatory.
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment.
Cruising the Windward Islands
- Tour of Grenada, the “Spice Island,” featuring historic Fort St. George and a visit to a local herb and spice garden.
- Specially arranged rum tasting at Grenada’s largest distillery.
- Island stop at the breathtaking Tobago Cays Marine Park comprising nearly 1500 acres of lagoons and coral reefs, for the opportunity to snorkel among the abundance of vibrant, fascinating marine life.
- City tour of Fort-de-France, Martinique, with a visit to the beautifully preserved Clément Plantation and Rum Distillery and the St. Pierre Volcanological Museum.
- Walk through lush Balata Gardens on Martinique.
- Excursion in Soufrière, St. Lucia, featuring panoramic views of the iconic, UNESCO World Heritage‑designated Pitons and visits to Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens and volcanic Sulphur Springs.
- Tour of St. Vincent’s historic city center of Kingstown and visit to colonial Fort Charlotte.
- Excursion on verdant Bequia, “the jewel of the Grenadines,” featuring a visit to the Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary for endangered hawksbill sea turtles.
- Time at leisure to enjoy the beach, swim and snorkel in Marigot Bay, St Lucia; Saline Bay, Mayreau, and Chatham Bay, Union Island, Grenadines; and St. George’s, Grenada.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Hospitality desk aboard ship.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom and on excursions.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Director at your service.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by
Gohagan & Company.
Grenada Pre-Cruise Option
Savor life in the Caribbean with two nights in handsome St. George’s, Grenada. Explore the lush and biodiverse Grand Etang Rainforest, where a crater lake rests on an extinct volcano; visit a 17th-century plantation; and stop in the Grenada Nutmeg Station to learn more about the island’s famed spice. Enjoy deluxe tropical accommodations in the Radisson Grenada Beach Resort—on Grand Anse Beach.
Barbados Post-Cruise Option
The ideal complement to your cruise, tropical Barbados celebrates a thriving geographical and cultural landscape. In the labyrinthine Hunte’s Gardens, exotic plant life blooms in a deep rainforest gully. UNESCO World Heritage-designated Bridgetown showcases more than 350 years of English architecture, including one of the Western Hemisphere’s oldest synagogues, 17th-century St. John’s Church and the George Washington House. Spend two nights in the deluxe Hilton Barbados.
The Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.