Join this unique itinerary, which captures the historical legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal Portugal, Spain, France and England and commemorates the historic D-Day landings. Cruise for eight nights from Lisbon aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship Le Boréal, with access to ports unavailable to larger vessels. Visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites and conclude with a memorable cruise up the storied River Thames to London’s illustrious Tower Bridge. Special guest speaker Dwight D. Eisenhower II, grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, accompanies you to the hallowed beaches of Normandy. Explore Oporto in Portugal’s renowned port wine country. Walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims on the Way of St. James in Santiago de Compostela. Observe the intriguing juxtaposition of old and new in Bilbao and visit the iconic Guggenheim Museum. Tour Mont-St-Michel’s impressive abbey. Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available aboard ship. Lisbon Pre-Cruise and London Post-Cruise Options.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Lisbon, Portugal/Embark Le Boréal
- Leixões for Oporto
- A Coruña, Spain, for Santiago de Compostela
- Cruising the French Coast
- St. Malo, France, for Mont-St-Michel
- Caen for Normandy Beaches
- Cruising the English Channel/River Thames/
London, England (Tower Bridge)
- London/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
- Uniquely designed, eight-night cruise itinerary available only through Gohagan & Company.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the Five‑Star expedition ship Le Boréal, with private balconies in most Staterooms.
- Four countries—Portugal, Spain, France and England—with access to ports unavailable to larger vessels and all shore excursions included.
- Visit the historic beaches of Normandy, accompanied by Professor David Eisenhower.
- Explore three UNESCO World Heritage sites—Oporto, Santiago de Compostela and Mont-St-Michel.
- Visit the iconic Guggenheim Museum in beautiful Bilbao, Spain.
- Once-in-a-lifetime cruise from the English Channel up the River Thames to London’s iconic Tower Bridge, possible only by small ship.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- Lisbon Pre-Cruise and London Post-Cruise Options.
Five-Star Small Ship ms Le Boréal
Five-Star, State-of-the-Art, Small Ship
Join us aboard the exclusively chartered, Five‑Star Le Boréal, where distinctive French sophistication meets innovative nautical design. The ship’s efficient electrical propulsion system and custom stabilizers provide an exceptionally smooth, quiet and comfortable voyage.
Respect for the Environment
With advanced technology and the most environmentally responsible features built into its design and operations, the ship has earned the important “clean ship” certification.
Only 110 Suites and Staterooms—95% Include Private Balconies
Elegant ocean-view accommodations range from 200 to 484 square feet, and most have a private balcony. Each Five‑Star Suite or Stateroom features individual climate control, two twin beds or one queen bed, a private bathroom with shower and luxurious hotel amenities, including flat‑screen television, a safe, full‑length closet, plush robes and slippers.
Chic and Casual Dining
The stylish dining room and casual alfresco restaurant feature international cuisine and serve continental and buffet breakfasts, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and dinner as four courses or buffet. Wine is served at your table with lunch and dinner.
Life on Board
In addition to educational and cultural presentations, panoramic views, evening entertainment or peaceful retreat, the ship’s spacious public areas comfortably accommodate all passengers. Enjoy two lounges, a theater, library, the Sun Deck with open‑air bar, beauty salon, spa, Turkish bath‑style steam room and fitness room. The ship has three elevators and 10 Zodiacs.
The highly trained, English‑speaking crew are personable and attentive, and the ship has a medical center staffed with a doctor and nurse.
Acclaimed Guest Speaker
Historian Dwight David Eisenhower II, grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, will provide a lecture and accompany you to the Normandy Beaches.
On Board the Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star, Small Ship Le Boréal
- Eight-night cruise from Lisbon, Portugal, to London, England.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Visit to Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim Museum.
- Walking tour of Bilbao’s casco viejo (old quarter).
- Full-day excursion to the historic Normandy D-Day beaches, including a visit to a military cemetery.
- An opportunity to watch a short film documenting the D-Day campaign at the Arromanches 360 Circular Cinema overlooking Gold Beach or to see the legendary Bayeux Tapestry, chronicling the Norman conquest of 1066. Lunch included in a local restaurant.
- Once-in-a-lifetime cruise up the River Thames into the heart of London, with overnight on board ship docked near the Tower Bridge.
UNESCO World Heritage Site Highlights
- Excursion to Oporto, center of port wine trade.
- Excursion to Santiago de Compostela, a revered pilgrimage site.
- Walking tour of Mont-St-Michel and a visit to its 11th-century Abbey.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined above, with experienced local guides.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by
Gohagan & Company.
Lisbon Pre-Cruise Option
Resplendent palaces, magnificent churches and pastel-hued houses stand in testament to Lisbon’s rich cultural heritage and quintessential charm. A historic gateway for world exploration and Portugal’s intimate, welcoming capital, Lisbon is the ideal prelude to your cruise. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites of 16th‑century Jerónimos Monastery and the nearby forested village of Sintra, where the former Moorish fort is Portugal’s last remaining medieval royal palace. Accommodations are for two nights in the deluxe Dom Pedro Palace Hotel.
London Post-Cruise Option
Experience stately London, where tradition and modernity meet with living history to make each visit more enjoyable than the last. Visit the medieval Tower of London and the magnificent Westminster Abbey, both UNESCO World Heritage sites; then tour the underground cabinet war rooms of Winston Churchill. Spend two nights in the elegant InterContinental Park Lane Hotel, steps away from storied Hyde Park.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.