Join us for a comprehensive, 11-night journey across a rich tapestry of history and culture, from the azure Aegean Sea to the beautiful Red Sea, exploring the treasures of Jordan, Egypt and Greece. Spend two nights in Amman, and one night in “rose-red” Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Cruise for eight nights from Athens, Greece to Aqaba, Jordan aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Bougainville, launching in 2019 and featuring the world’s first multisensory, underwater Observation Lounge. Mid-cruise, an overnight excursion is included in awe-inspiring Luxor, site of ancient Thebes and the tombs of Tutankhamun and Ramses IV. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Great Pyramids of Giza and opt to overnight in pharaonic Cairo or stay aboard ship to transit through the historic Suez Canal. Tour Egypt’s Mediterranean port of Alexandria, including its brilliant New Library. Two-night Athens and Delphi Pre-Program Option and the six-night Israel Post-Program Option.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Athens, Greece/Embark Le Bougainville
- Santorini, Greece
- Day at Sea
- Alexandria, Egypt
- Port Said for Giza Plateau
- Sail the Suez Canal
- Hurgada for Luxor, Egypt
- Luxor/Safaga, Egypt
- Aqaba, Jordan/Petra, Jordan
- Petra/Amman, Jordan
- Amman/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
- Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye multisensory, underwater Observation Lounge.
- Comprehensive 11-night land and sea alternative to a traditional Nile cruise program.
- Eight-night, exclusively chartered cruise aboard the Five-Star Le Bougainville, launching in 2019; all private-balcony Staterooms!
- Visit the centuries-old sites of Jordan, Egypt and Greece, and cruise from the Red Sea to the Aegean via the historic Suez Canal.
- Two nights in Amman with a tour of the city.
- One night in the legendary “rose-red city” of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- Overnight in the fabled Nile Valley in Luxor and visit the tombs of Tutankhamun and Ramses IV.
- Full-day excursion to Giza to visit the Great Pyramids and to tour the vast wonders of the Grand Egyptian Museum, including the legendary death mask of King Tutankhamun.
- Optional mid-cruise overnight in Cairo, including the spectacular sound and light show at the Pyramids.
- Excursion in the Mediterranean port of Alexandria, founded in 331 B.C. by Alexander the Great, today a cosmopolitan cultural hub.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise, and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- Two-night Pre-Program Option in Athens, Greece and Delphi; Six-night Israel Post-Program Option
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star mv Le Bougainville
Blue Eye—The World’s First Luxury Underwater Observatory!
Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater Observation Lounge. View the beauty of marine life through the large, subaquatic windows and integrated digital screens providing live images from underwater cameras, and enjoy the sensory experience of listening to the ocean’s unique underwater universe in the comfort of the exclusive Blue Eye lounge. Marine life viewing varies by location.
Luxury Small Ship, Innovative Design
Le Bougainville, launching in 2019, ushers in a new generation of Five-Star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships and where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Respect for the Environment
The newest addition to the Ponant “clean ship” fleet, an important certification among ocean-cruising vessels, Le Bougainville is energy efficient and eco-friendly, protecting fragile marine ecosystems while providing a safe and comfortable voyage.
92 Elegant Suites and Staterooms, 100% with Private Balconies
Each Five-Star Stateroom and Suite (up to 484 square feet) features a private balcony. Grand Deluxe Suites have a bay window and spacious private terrace. Accommodations offer two twin beds or one queen bed, private bathroom with shower, individual climate control and luxurious hotel amenities.
Chic and Casual Dining
Dine indoors or alfresco on international and regional cuisine served in the stylish, spacious indoor-outdoor restaurant, at the casual pool deck grill or from 24-hour room service. Daily meals include continental and buffet breakfasts, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and four-course dinner.
The highly trained, English-speaking crew are personable and attentive, and the ship has a medical center staffed with a doctor and nurse.
In Amman, Jordan
- Two nights in a deluxe hotel.
- Full buffet breakfast each morning.
- Farewell Reception.
- City tour of Amman, with a visit to the ancient Citadel and Roman Theater.
Transfer from Petra to Amman along the historic King’s Highway.
- One night in a deluxe hotel in this ancient Nabatean city.
- Dinner, breakfast and lunch.
Transfer from Aqaba to Petra.
On Board the Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star, Small Ship Le Bougainville
- Eight-night cruise from Athens, Greece to Aqaba, Jordan.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Blue Eye—the world’s first luxury, multisensory, underwater Observation Lounge.
- Overnight visit to the awe-inspiring, ancient city of Luxor, with accommodations in a deluxe hotel along the Nile, including lunch, dinner and breakfast.
- Passage through the Victorian-era Suez Canal, with the green Nile Delta to the west and the arid Sinai Peninsula to the east. Transit times through the canal are controlled by the Suez Canal Authority and subject to traffic conditions.
- Excursion in Alexandria featuring the Catacombs of Kom Ash Suqqafa, the brilliant New Library and the 15th-century Qaitbay Fortress on the site of the Pharos lighthouse, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Tour of the Greek island of Santorini, which some consider the site of mythology’s lost city of Atlantis, featuring a visit to the renowned Museum of Prehistoric Thera.
UNESCO World Heritage Site Highlights
- Walking tour of the fabled “rose-red city” of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, to see the Treasury and the colonnaded street.
- Guided tour of Luxor, site of ancient Pharaonic capital of Thebes, with visits to the grand pharaonic temples of Luxor and Karnak, circa 1570 to 1070 B.C.
- Visit to Luxor’s West Bank, featuring the fabled Colossi of Memnon, the Valley of the Queens and the Valley of the Kings, including visits to the tombs of Tutankhamun and Ramses IV.
- Specially arranged excursion to Giza to visit the Pyramids, see the Great Sphinx and tour the Grand Egyptian Museum, encompassing more than 7000 years of history in its collections of remarkable treasures
Enhanced Travel Services
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Stateroom aboard ship and on excursions.
- Optional mid-cruise overnight in Cairo available at additional cost.
- Hospitality desk in the hotels and aboard ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
Classical Athens and the Oracle of Delphi Pre-Program Option
Experience the ancient city unmatched in its contributions to the foundations of the Western world—Athens, the birthplace of democracy. Explore the enduring grandeur in the monumental Acropolis, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the perfectly proportioned Parthenon, a graceful example of Doric architecture. See the archaeological treasures of the Acropolis Museum, tour the mystical UNESCO World Heritage site of Delphi, and explore the colorful neighborhood of Plaka, the oldest section of Athens. Accommodations are for two nights in a deluxe hotel.
Israel Post-Program Option
Enjoy deluxe accommodations for four nights in Jerusalem and two nights in Tiberias. Visit the Yardenit baptismal site, where the sea flows into Jordan River, and see the remarkable Roman and Byzantine excavations in Beit She’an, one of the oldest cities in Israel. Visit Tiberias, the Jewish Holy City of Water, where you will visit the revered Mount of Beatitudes and seaside Kibbutz Ein Gev, and cruise across the Sea of Galilee to the Ancient Boat Museum in Tabgha. In culture-rich Nazareth, visit the modernist Basilica of the Annunciation and the neo-Romanesque Church of St. Joseph. See the ruins of Herod the Great’s first-century fortress at UNESCO World Heritage-designated Masada, and enjoy an unforgettable opportunity to float in the Dead Sea. Tour Bethlehem’s Church of the Nativity and the grotto beneath it, marking the believed birthplace of Jesus, and the poignant Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, memorializing six million Jewish victims. Walk the colorful souqs (markets) and approach the Western Wall, venerated to this day as the only extant segment of the Second Temple. A holy city for three of the world’s major religions and a UNESCO World Heritage site, Jerusalem holds a mystical fascination for millions. Enter the Old City and follow the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the traditional site of Jesus Christ’s crucifixion.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.