Trace nearly two centuries of North American innovation, admire magnificent coastal scenery and visit islands and towns rich in maritime history during this seven-night, exclusively chartered cruise featuring all five Great Lakes. Cruise from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Toronto, Canada aboard the Five-Star small ship Le Bellot, featuring only 92 Suites and Staterooms, each with a private balcony. Feel the awe-inspiring force of Niagara Falls during a full-day excursion featuring an unforgettable cruise toward the base of powerful Horseshoe Falls. Experience the historical charm of Mackinac Island and the biodiversity of Ontario’s UNESCO-inscribed Niagara Escarpment, including a visit to quaint Tobermory. Transit the Welland Canal and Soo Locks—Victorian-era engineering marvels. Visit the Museum Ship SS Valley Camp in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan’s oldest city. Enjoy guided tours of the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Edsel and Eleanor Ford House and the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation. Extend your journey with the Milwaukee Pre-Program and Toronto Post-Program Options.
Day 1 Depart home city/Arrive in Milwaukee, Wisconsin/Embark Le Bellot
Day 2 Lake Michigan/Mackinac Island, Michigan/Lake Huron
Day 3 Lake Superior/Sault Sainte Marie/Transit the Soo Locks
Day 4 Tobermory, Ontario, Canada/ Lake Huron
Day 5 St. Clair River/Lake St. Clair/Detroit, Michigan for Dearborn
Day 6 Detroit/Lake Erie
Day 7 Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada for Niagara Falls/Cruise the Welland Canal/Lake Ontario
Day 8 Toronto/Disembark/Return to home city
Itinerary is subject to change.
- Cruise in each of the five Great Lakes from Milwaukee to Toronto, visiting fascinating islands and quaint towns rich in maritime history and natural splendor.
- An excursion included in each port and specially arranged lectures on board.
- Transit the Welland Canal, possible only by small ship.
- Experience the thunderous power of phenomenal Niagara Falls on a specially arranged cruise.
- Discover the cultural treasures of vibrant Detroit.
- Transit Sault Ste. Marie’s mighty Soo Locks, an engineering marvel, between Lake Huron and Lake Superior.
- Delight in the Victorian charm of Mackinac Island, with a horse-drawn carriage ride and lunch at the iconic Grand Hotel.
- Milwaukee Pre-Program and Toronto Post-Program Options.
- Seven-night cruise from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S. to Toronto, Ontario, Canada, featuring all five Great Lakes—Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Lake Superior and Lake Michigan.
- Elegantly appointed Five-Star Suite or Stateroom with a private balcony.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (conditions permitting).
- Transit the locks of historical Welland Canal.
- Excursion to Niagara Falls, including a cruise toward the base of Horseshoe Falls and viewing of the Whirlpool Rapids.
- Specially arranged lunch with spectacular views of Niagara Falls.
- Panoramic tour of the Niagara Falls area, featuring the Sir Adam Beck Power Station and the beloved Floral Clock.
- City tour of revitalized Detroit, including guided visits to the Detroit Institute of Arts and the Edsel and Eleanor Ford House in historical Grosse Point.
- Guided tour of the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.
- Specially arranged Motown performance on board the ship.
- Visit to the harbor town of Tobermory, part of the Niagara Escarpment UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Glass-bottom boat cruise to Big Tub Harbor and around Flowerpot Island.
- Transit of the impressive Soo Locks.
- Visit to the Soo Locks Interpretation Center and Observation Decks.
- Tour of the SS Valley Camp Ship Museum, a former lake freighter and fascinating repository of Great Lakes maritime history.
- Cruise of Whitefish Point, the eastern cape of Lake Superior’s legendary Skeleton Coast.
- Excursion on Mackinac Island, including a horse‑drawn carriage ride to the historic Grand Hotel and a guided carriage tour of Fort Mackinac.
- Specially arranged lunch in the Grand Hotel, the “Grand Dame” of Mackinac Island.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined above, with experienced local guides.
- Experienced local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom aboard ship and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk in the hotel and aboard ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.